Friday, January 16, 2009

Superlatives

Last night I made turkey pot pie for dinner. Lucy did not want to try it. She was using her child omniscience; she knew she would not like it. But we don't like that in our house--the rule is you don't have to like everything, just have to try everything.

Once she mustered the courage to try it, she took a tiny nibble and said, "Mmmm. I like it. Oooh, and there's crust. I love crust. Mom, you make the best pies." Superlative #1.

During dinner, she asked about doing some cookie baking. "We can in the morning," I told her. "Okay, you, me, and Daddy." "Lucy," Chris inserted, "I'm not going to be here in the morning."

"But Daddy, you're the best chef. You have to be there when we make cookies." Superlative #2.

What can I say? Lucy is the bestest complimenter.

No comments: