The other day, Lucy and I went to an old high school friend's house for a party for our "group" of friends while people were home for the Christmas season. Of my friends that were able to attend, I was the only one married, and the only one with a kid. I was prepared for a tedious time on account of Lucy.
We ate, we talked. It was pretty fun. Then I knew it was about time to go--Lucy can only stand "grown-up" activity for so long. Before I could say, "Lucy, let's go," she asks my hosting friend if she had any kid movies. "No, I don't. I don't have any kids, so I don't have any kid movies." Lucy was prepared.
"If I see a lost kid," Lucy begins and I cringed because I instinctively knew where this is going, "I'll steal them! And I'll bring them to you and then you'll have a child!" Everyone bursted into laughter. Another friend turned to me and observed, "Lucy is so...resourceful." Resourceful--never thought of that word before, but I guess that is the best word when describing someone who always has a solution.
If anyone needs children, Lucy apparently has connections and will hook you up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment